[FWDLK] Early Pipes

Hello FLers, I have run a new exhaust set up for my 56 Dodge D500. I have
been looking a a picture of Lee Petty with his 56 Coronet race car and the
pipes are clearly visible. They exit in classic stock car racing style-before
the rear wheel with the tail pipe at a 45 degree angle and the end cut in a
corresponding fashion flush with the body. This creates a great look for a
hot car yet is still less obvious than you might think, it also helps that a
D500 sits a little lower than regular Dodges. I have been admiring the Early
Hemis for years and I've noticed that they have a surprisingly smooth and
quiet exhaust note. Therefore I have employed only 2 1/2 inch Cherry Bomb
mufflers, that's right straight thru, coupled with my low restriction 2 1/2
inch manifolds and 2 1/2 aluminized pipe with no cross over and minimal
bending. The engine being true to the breed still does not have a harsh
exhaust note even at moderate throttle, yet wide open throttle brings out the
beast in her. This combination suits my D500 very well and I would recommend
it if your taste should have you so inclined. The fact that it is replicating
what would be used on a "Stock Car" back in the days when they were stock
cars is (in my mind) still keeping a correct look for my car. I am sure that
Lee Petty's car was prepared for racing, by and large, when it was brand new.
The photo I have mentioned is of a very pristine looking car. I am thoroughly
enjoying my quiet cruiser and as is apt to happen a simple squeeze of the
throttle can reveal- Mr. Hyde. Next, a number on the side?   Tim