Re: [FWDLK] Tired of 230 flathead

I would like to add one thing to your to do list on the flat head. When
you take off your water pump there is an oblong hole in the front of the
block. Inside this hole is a long metal tube that runs the lenght of the
block and is called the water distribution tube. This tube is removable,
sometimes with choise words. It is basicly made of tin and can rust out and
/ or plug up. In my history with the flathead this tube should be removed
and checked and or replaced , as it has been the culpret of many
overheating problems for me and can shorten engine life by plugging up and
not cooling the block properly. Good luck with your rebuild. jim