[FWDLK] Cold Running Problems, Also Damp Weather Troubles

[FWDLK] Cold Running Problems, Also Damp Weather Troubles

10-27-99

Dear Fellow Forward Look List Members:

        Maybe one of you has found the solution to a problem that has plagued
my 60 Plymouth since the day we bought the car 39 years ago.
        When the engine is cold, and mainly on damp days, not rainy mind you,
just damp, the engine runs rough as the devil. Also, during the period
of time between the temp gauge having just moved off "Cold", but before
reaching normal "warmed up" range on the gauge, the engine will
repeatedly try to stall out, unless I keep my foot on the gas. The
engine will immediately restart if I do let it stall, but what a pain.
        By the way, my Plymouth has the 225 c.i.d. "Slant-Six" in it, with a
1-bbl Carter Carburetor on it, and a "Chrysler Retro-Fit Kit" electronic
ignition system. Oh, and it did the same stunt mentioned above when it
had the point type Chrysler distributor in it.

                                        Ben Deutschman