[FWDLK] Jan 1st, Year 0

7:00 am
      I awoke with a cold feeling in my spine, alas the water bed had
froze up. I went to the tub, chipped enough ice away from the water so
that I could wash my face. The power had been off since the stoke of
midnight. I took a last look at my computer ( was it only yesterday that
I had read the last of the Mopar messages) and threw it to the floor. I
needed the space to put the natural gas barbecue. I had just bought this
and a natural gas power generator. Natural gas comes out of the ground
naturally right? Should work without power right? Just can’t seem to get
it fired up today.
      Not to worry though as I have lots of Year 2000 lighting ( 3 cell
Mag lites ). These little flashlights should last me for the next decade
as I bought the last stock of batteries from the large store in town.
Got a good deal on them too, 2000 rechargeable D cells for $500. Wonder
why they had so many left?
     I take a look outside, my 69 GTX is waiting by the door ready for
any quick trip to town for supplies or a fast getaway. Good thing that I
didn’t switch to electronic ignition. Too bad they don’t make Plymouths
any more. Also outside hitched to my camper (future bedroom) is my
trusty 59 DeSoto, this car also has points and will always run. Too bad
they don’t make DeSoto’s anymore.
      I get my coat on and go outside to fire up my faithful 52 Fargo
Power Wagon. Too bad they don’t make  --- wait a minute, this is Jan 1,
2000, they can’t make ANY cars anymore, except maybe Yugo’s. Anyway, on
to my mission. My Mother has always wanted a new car. Today I will take
my Fargo and a strong chain and go collect new cars, one for Mom, one
for Dad, my wife, kids, dog. As I look out my window I can see newer
cars stalled all up and down the highway, just ready for collecting.
Ain’t life grand when you drive an old Mopar!
         Don Uhl

--
Don Uhl     "Moparaholic"      http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/uhld/
52 PowerWagon    60 Saratoga       65 300L      69 Dart GT