[FWDLK] Commercials versus Movies/TV

While I can understand the sentiment behind recent outrage on the Forward Look list concerning Nordstrum's car crushing, it seems a little silly.  Take a good look at television and the movies - Nordstrum's commercial is small potatoes, people!  I cringe through a lot of 'action' movies as I see current and future collectibles being crush, smashed, and trashed for the purposes of entertainment.  My parents used to wonder why I could watch a werewolf rip apart victims without a flinch, and then wail when the Mod Squad's 49 Mercury Woody was sent over a cliff in flames.  They don't really kill people in movies - that's makeup.  But the cars really do get smashed.  And burned.  And blown up.

In a time where a $60K BMW convertible gets sawed in half for a 5-second shot in the new 007 movie, you can rest assured that movie and TV producers will continue to use the destruction of old Rolls, Mercedes, and 'collector' cars for shock value and 'humor.'

Bob