[FWDLK] [Fwd: [FWDLK] Check & address labels]

[FWDLK] [Fwd: [FWDLK] Check & address labels]

Hi again,
        I used to print checks for a living, before becoming a farmer.
You can have a "cut," or a "printer's block," of your liking made to
order, and have your own personalized checks.  I worked for DeLuxe Check
Printers, Inc., now called DeLuxe Corporation.  I even married the
bosses' daughter, he claimed I got her drunk, she must still have the
hangover today, 27 years later.
        Anyhow, most all banks in this country and some others carry their
checks.  They have Chrysler logos, Plymouth, Dodge etc... I have three
different Chrysler Product cuts on my shelf as of today.  One is the old
Plymouth ship logo, one is of the newer Plymouth logo and one is the old
and new Chrysler logos.
        Ask to see the person at your bank that handles check orders, and ask
to see the DeLuxe Catalog.  They may tell you they don't use DeLuxe
Check, but tell them you really want to check their catalog for cuts of
your liking.  If you wish to have a personalized cut made, you will need
a very clear black on white picture or drawing of the design you choose,
or a very sharp negative.  I am sure they will not be afraid of charging
a more than a reasonable fee.
        If you go to antique and collector shows, there is usually someone
selling cuts or printer's blocks at these.  Check out Ebay, this is
where I got some of mine from, as well as many others that were donated
to me from DeLuxe after being replaced with new cuts.
        DeLuxe is not the only company to offer cuts, almost all check printers
will for a fee.  The almighty dollar is the deciding factor here.  Allow
enough time for your cut to be made, you may want to do this many weeks
before you need checks.
John in WI