Re: [FWDLK] Oil Pressure Problem

Michael,
Assuming that you are using good multigrade detergent oil and changing it at
regular intervals, you shouldn't have such a sludge problem. Only reasons that
come to mind are very short trips where the engine doesn't warm up and
condensation builds up in the engine or you have an internal coolant leak.  The
coolant mixes with the oil and foams up, thickening the oil. Pressure test your
cooling system to see if it bleeds down. Head gaskets are likely culprits.  Could
be a cracked head although this usually results in coolant getting into the
combustion chamber and not the oil.  Lots of variables here. Was the engine hot
tanked when you worked on it in '92?  If not, it could be sludge from the valley
and the heads finally gettin into the pan. This is really quite unlikely also. I'd
bet on a coolant leak. If it is a real slow one and maybe not even detectible, use
a good radiator stop leak such as Bars Leak and that will probably fix it.  Worth
a try.
Gary