[FWDLK] Transmissioms

Hi Forward Lookers,
I have a question that sounds dumb to me but I have to ask. I have a 57
Desoto Fireflite 4 dr sedan. The motor and transmission are out. Most of
the engine was in in the trunk when I purchased the car. There are no
cooling lines to be found & I can't find a place on the transmission where
any would attach. Did they make a self contained tranny.
                        Thanks,
                           Mike Singer