Re: [FWDLK] More Montana Info

A couple things I forgot to mention in my earlier treatise:

* Many (about 25%) of the cars sold did not come with any sort of title
whatsoever. These were noted by the auctioneer at the point of sale, and
with an orange sticker on the windshield. A "Bill of Sale only" was
provided. Presumably, as Mitch Silver said, if such a car would up getting
restored, it could be bonded for a period of time, or the ownership trail
even hunted down (with some work). Many cars had no VIN plates on them,
leading me to believe they came out of wrecking yards. Members of the
audience were able to locate VIN numbers for the auctioneer in a couple of
cases, however, so at least that made life easier for whomever purchased
those.

** An additional "buyer's fee" of 4% was added to all sales, with a minimum
of $20. Normally, the minimum is $75, but they lowered it so that if you
bought something for 50 bucks, you wouldn't be paying more in fees than the
bid price! The buyer's fee at most other auctions is 3%. So, in the case of
the 58 Fury I lost, the total cost to the winner was over 28k !

*** I've put some auction photos in a photo album on GatherRound.com.
Here's how to see 'em:

1) Go to www.gatherround.com

2) Click the Find an Album button at the top of the screen.

3) Enter my email address:  ddavids@xxxxxxxxxx
   Enter the album password:   fwdlook

4) Click on Billings Auction

Alternatively, this link may take you directly there:

http://www.gatherround.com/j/InviteGuestCmd?Command=GuestIndex&email=ddavids
@seanet.com&pass=fwdlook

**** Thanks for all the appreciative emails I've received. It takes the
sting of the bucks I spent getting to the auction and back.

 - Dan Davids