[FWDLK] 55 - 66 A-engine

A question to those familiar with the old A-engine as used in my 63 Plymouth.
 This is the second A-engine I have rebuilt in the last year and internal
water leaks seem to be the rule.  I was able to find the leaks on the first
one--Intake manifold to head.  The recent one is more problematic.  A
pressure check shows no leaks but the oil, exhaust, and area around the lower
head gasket says trouble.  Any theories on head gasket quality?  On a fully
restored vehicle it is pretty stressful to have to pull the heads off again
but that is what is going to happen on Saturday.  How do I know that the same
problem will not occur.  Funny..I rebuilt these engines in the 60s and 70s
with no problems,  now nothing seems to go right.  I'm thinking that the
gasket companies do not have the composition correct.  They may be trying to
make one gasket process work for all engines and that is not the way they
were developed by Chrysler. I know that from our developments today.  Anyone
have a headgasket set from the 60s?
marv