[FWDLK] 57 Dodge Noisy -- Torsion Bars; Torqueflite Pushbutton

[FWDLK] 57 Dodge Noisy -- Torsion Bars; Torqueflite Pushbutton Problems

I own a 1957 Dodge Custom Royal four-door sedan -- an unending source of
pleasure but also a pain in the you-know-what!  ;-)

I have two problems which are beyond my mechanics' expertise:

1)  Noisy torsion bars.

They squeak constantly, and sound as though the bolts holding them in place
are missing bushings.  My mechanic installed grease fittings in the torsion
bars, which solves the noise problem for two hundred miles or so, but it
comes right back.  Anyone have a more permanent solution to this?

2)  Pushbutton shift unit needs rebuild:

At least half the time, pushing the Neutral button won't start the car, and
I have to get out my wire to short around the solenoid.  I've already
replaced the neutral safety switch, and rebuilt the starter -- so the
problem's gotta be the push button unit itself.  Chrysler used to sell
rebuild kits for these units, but I can't find one anywhere.  Anyone have a
source, or know of anyone qualified to rebuild these units?  I live in the
Philadelphia area.

Thanks!!

John Williams