Re: [FWDLK] octane ratings

Hi Van,
I don't know the exact date of when it happened but I do know the two biggest factors on the change in gasoline have been compression ratio and emissions.  The latter is what has driven the change for the past 20 or so years.  The early to mid 60's is my guess for compression ratio, and the mid to late 70's when people began to become enviromentally aware for emissions.

Just what I know.  FYI- gasoline in it's pure form is clear. The oil companies add dye for identification and branding.  i.e. Blue Sunoco.

Have Fun,
Chargin'Charles--->>>