Re: [FWDLK] The main difference between the different dot levels

Re: [FWDLK] The main difference between the different dot levels of brake fluid is

Also silicone fluid absorbs air instead of water so it's important to bleed
it thoroughly and just as important to keep it covered. Too much air
absorbed can cause a spongy feel in the brakes.

                    "Richard"
                    <56fury@starb        To:     <Joseph_Bouboulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    and.net>             cc:     "Forward Look" <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                         Subject:     The main difference between the different dot levels of
                    05/01/01             brake fluid is
                    06:02 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "Richard"

55-56 Plymouths rust, especially in the brake system.  DOT5 stops rust
because it will not harbor water.  DOT3 is a paint remover, DOT5 Silicone
is
not.  So it's worthwhile to use DOT5 Silicone.  Every 55-56 Plymouth I ever
saw has paint missing under and around the master cylinder from brake fluid
filling spalsh.

The reason you flush out the non DOT-5 is to get the water out.  Since DOT5
silicone will not absorb water, the water can pool in the lines and
cylinders.