Re: [FWDLK] Overdrive

Jason, I have the overdrive and I know that if I have any throttle at all it
will remain in direct drive, therefore I would bet that on a jack stand my
overdrive would not engage, the idle would be enough to prevent a shift
because the solenoid requires a complete release of torque from the trans.
Also I used an early (6v) solenoid on my 56 with no problem. I once drove a
55 Dodge with the 3.56 gears and OD....very long second gears. Overall I have
found the Overdrive to be quite fun. Good Luck from Kickdown Country, Tim