Re: [FWDLK] Air Conditioners/Airtemp History

Re: [FWDLK] Air Conditioners/Airtemp History

About 1981, under Chairman Lee, Chrysler sold off its tank division, again
to raise cash.  In a bit of irony, just as Chrysler sold its no longer
needed plant in Pennsylvania to Volkswagen, Volkswagen sold its no longer
needed plant at Sterling Heights, Michigan to Chrysler a number of years
later.  VW apparently built the plant as its sales were heading to the sky.
Unfortunately, VW suffered a sales collapse and eventually closed the
Pennsylvania plant as well.

In 1978, Chrysler sold its European operations (UK, France and Spain) to
Peugeot who renamed all the vehicles Talbot.  A bit or irony there, too, as
its British operation, Rootes, had taken over the British arm of the
original Talbot organization, Sunbeam-Talbot, in 1935, and its French
operation, Simca, had taken over the French arm, Talbot-Lago, (formerly
Talbot-Darracq) in 1959.

Chrysler Australia was sold to Mitsubishi, also in 1978.

Bill
Vancouver, BC