[FWDLK] power steering, so I'm an idiot.

[FWDLK] power steering, so I'm an idiot.

Ok, it's official, I am an idiot. For those of you who have been following
my threads for help on installing the PS into my 56 6cyl. I got aggravated
the other night and had to call out the "big guns" I called my father. He
operated auto repair shops in the 50's and 60's.
He came over and started looking at it with me and we couldn't get the pump
to clear the distributor, so he said why don';t you try turning the bracket
upside down where the gnereator bolts to the block. I took it off and looked
at it, it could only mount one way. Then for some reason, it finally came to
me. I went over to the boxes of parts that I got from the person I bought
the stuff (and other stuff) from and there was a generator brakcet
completely different than mine. It moves the assembly out away from the side
of the motor so everything can clear. My dad just gave me this look like
"you dummy" I messed with this thing for four nights before I decided to
look in the parts box.
Hope everyone gets a laugh.

Nick