From: Jim and Connie Harris <Jimconniemopar@xxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 17, 2001 9:38 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] introduction Jim Harris

Hi All, I thought I would introduce myself to the group. My name is Jim
Harris in the Seattle area. My Forward Look car is a 58 Dodge Custom Royal
Convertible. Red with white two tone. The car has 70,000 mi. with original
interior including door panels, Connie and I first saw the car at Fall
Hershey in 1994. It was decided on the ride home that I would sell my 60
Imperial Ghia and purchase the Dodge. The Car was delivered to our home in
Seattle in Feb of 95. Since the purchase I have upgraded some of the chrome
trim and found a set of NOS exhaust tips and a NOS d500 emblem. I broke the
engine in 97 so we pulled it and rebuilt to super d500 specs. At the same
time the engine compartment was detailed. I have also installed a set of WW
radials, I know they aren't correct but I would never go back to bias tires
for freeway driving in the Seattle area. Those of you who subscribe to Car
Collector Magazine have probably seen our car. It was in the December 99
issue.
My 58 dodge thing goes back to Dec. 57 when my Dad bought a new Coronet d500
convertible. Connie and I bought a used c/r convert in 61 that was used as
our family car. When I got involved in the old car hobby in 76 I set out to
find another 58 convert. well guess what it only took 19 years to find the
one! I'm presently repainting and doing a cosmetic clean up on our 68
Imperial convertible. Another nice orig. mopar. Feel free to email me at
jimconniemopar@xxxxxxx Thanks, Jim Harris