[FWDLK] '58 Floors

Dear group,

My '58 Plymouth has been repaired somewhere in its past, and 90% of its
floor were replaced by seam welded 8"x8" bits from another '58 Plymouth
floor. Actually, I suppose it is bits from another '58 Plymouth since the
floors looks normal in shape, apart from the welds seams. Now, the work made
was not the most professional job you'll ever see, and I think that a rear
cross member is missing, because there's only a bit left of it on the
transmission tunnel. Not being able to make the difference between the
rigidity of a normal floor and that repaired one, I'm not sure if I have to
keep it that way or replace it with refabricated floors from the
ClassicFabrication company (http://www.classicfabrication.com/) for example.
Any comment on this ?

On the same subject, I probably will have to ask myself the same question
concerning the end part of my trunk floor, since similar repairs were done
there also (from 5" on to the trunk lid). But where would I find replacement
panel for trunk floors ?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe