[FWDLK] removing tie rod ends

Any suggestions for removing tie rod ends. I got a steering box from the
bone yard for my 56 Savoy. Like an idiot, I put it in before taking the ends
off the pitman arm. (the links were torched off at the boneyard) I had
planned on putting the pickle fork in my air chisel and zapping them off.
Well, I went to use the chisel and the trigger was broken, So I took a
regual pickle fork and I've been beating on it with a small sledge hammer
and they're not budging. I shot them with aerokroil and I'l try again
tomorrow.

Any suggestions ?
Also, is there a wrong way or correct way to use a pickle fork. I see that
one side of the fork is flat and the other side is on an angle. I'm thining
the flat part goes towards the pitman arm and angles side towards the te rod
end

So with that done I figured I'd move to the next project, repacing the rear
wheel cylinders and cutting a slot in the anchor pins. Well, I was out of
cutting wheels, so I couldn't complete that job. I also need to finish up
work inside the car, but my clothes are full of crap, front and back, so I
decided I'll just call it a night. The way I'm operating, I'll be lucky to
have my car ready for Chryslers at Carlisle. And to think I had a few
repairs for a winter project.
Thanks,
Nick