[FWDLK] Engine ID help

This is not exactly a FL question, but there is a lot of MoPar knowledge in
this list.
Please answer me privately at katzenberger@xxxxxxxxxxx

       Picked up a flathead 6 engine today to put in my Dad's 40 Plymouth
convertible. The engine serial number looks to have been ground off. I found
these part numbers: on the block to the rear of the distributor, 1484929-6
and on the head, 1405849-3. Stamped into the head above this number is the
letter 'P'. I checked my car parts books (MoPar master parts through 54 -
the big thick loose-leaf book) and can't find these numbers. I suspect it
may be a Dodge Truck engine.
The clutch cover that is bolted onto the engine has the clutch and brake
pedals attached to it, which is not the set up on the 40 Plymouth or my
42/49 De Sotos.
The paper work that came with the engine (the bill from the rebuilder that
the guy had I bought the engine from) ID'd the engine as a 1942-48 Dodge
230.2
Your help is greatly appreciated!