From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of SKILES_MICHAEL_J@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 10:23 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Part Numbers - Starting Problems

All,

Need some help. Does anyone have the gasket numbers for the gaskets on a 241
V8. Jack Johnson has some gaskets but we need the numbers to determine which
would fit my 241. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I am unable to start my car. (55 Savoy 241 V8 still 6 volt) About a
week ago, my wife started the car and backed it out of our garage. By the
time she had closed the garage door it had stalled and I have been unable to
start it since.

I have replaced the following:

Coil
Points
Cap
Condensor
Rotor
Battery
Ammeter

(It's nice to have extra parts)

The car has a new fuel pump. I shot air through the fuel lines to see if
they were plugged. The pump is shooting fuel. ( I can flood the carb and I
disconnected the line and had my wife crank the engine, it is passing fuel)
The engine cranks and sounds to have enough speed to turn it over, but it
never fires. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike