[FWDLK] I did it again...

I did it again. You'd think I learn. I don't. I bought a 440-out of a '68
imperial with 125,000 miles on it. This is going to be built up and thrown
into the '61. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what I should check
before actual money changes hands, and how? I don't expect to be allowed
to tear it down,  it was supposedly running when it came out of the
car, and I don't think it's had a very harsh life, but I don't want to
throw money away. Should this check out, you'll hear from me again with
questions as I go, but I don't expect too much trouble. Is there anything
about this vintage 440 I should know? I haven't heard of anything wrong
with them, but then again, I never heard of the crank flange issue with
the pre-'62 motors that ended up with me having a nifty motor stuck up
against a tranny I couldn't do anything with. I don't want to get stuck
like that again. So....any thoughts/ideas/pontifications on the matter?

~dave
not learning in sunny mass
'61 Newport
'67 Kaiser M-715