[FWDLK] Trim Restoration

Hello All,
              I recently started to gather all of my stainless trim to be polished, etc. I contacted Iverson Auto to get a price quote on what it would cost. The majority of my trim is NOS and good used trim. There are only about 6-7 pieces that have the typical parking lot dings. I was quoted a rough price of $90 per piece to restore. Now, I have about 50 pieces or so to send out. I can't afford $4000 for trim restoration. I have nothing against Mr. Iverson or his services but there has to be a cheaper way.
            Let me get to the point. I was told that the trim has a steel content so I checked it. It is magnetic. I was also told it was "flash-chromed". Now it may seem dumb but I was thinking......if it's chromed can't I just send it to a plater and have it "re-chromed". Would this be alot cheaper? Most all of my pieces are shiny and without dings but, they have light scratches in them that I would like to see polished out. The rechroming idea is for the 6-7 pieces that are used, dull, and dented. Is there any way to polish these scratches away so they disappear and I wouldn't have to "re-chrome" them. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and trouble. By the way, it's awful quiet out there. Is there a major car show going on that I don't know about? Have we run out of topics to discuss? In any case I hope everyone is well and enjoying their cars.
                                                            Thanks Again,
                                                                Frank