Re: [FWDLK] Corruption at local car show!

Re: [FWDLK] Corruption at local car show!

I have given up on local as will as national shows.  I have a unique vehicle
that doesn't fit any of the categories correctly (1957 DeSoto Firesweep
"Memphian" Ambulance).

In some shows I'm up against other 57's in others I'm a Commercial Vehicle
and in others just a Specialty Vehicle.

I go just to show the car, the trophy is nice but what do you do with them
after awhile.

I went to a Fire Muster one year and the professional judges, SPAAMFA
judges, were doing the judging.  The form they were using was for the Fire
Muster and one of the judges asked me "How much water does it hold and what
GPM (Gallons Per Minute) does it output?".  I had to laugh and told him
about 5 gallons and only when it overheats.  He didn't think it was funny.
The next year they came out with a generic form and I won best restored
1950-59.  I found out after that there was an argument within the judging
group at to judge my car or not and the President of the local SPAAMFA
chapter stated that it was used in Public Service and should be judged like
any other Emergency Service Vehicle.

Dawson Blackmore, Jr.
1957 DeSoto Firesweep "Memphian" Ambulance
http://www.ctemsi.com