[FWDLK] Trunk Mat FAQ

Hi All,

I'll start off by saying the response has been pretty overwhelming.
Here's the deal:

Ron Waters emailed me with the name and address of a man he met at C@C
by the name of Ed Siciliano.  Ed is restoring a '57 Fury, and needs a
trunk mat.  As fate would have it, Ed has a shop that makes molds for
the rubber industry.  I spoke to him today, and he is willing to make
the mold if he can get a good example to work from, and enough sales to
help offset the costs associated with making the mold.  I volunteered to
help sell the mats through the web site, and the usual sources
(Hemmings, Plymouth Bulletin, WPC News, etc.)

I phoned Jim Woomer, who has a nice mat in the trunk of his '57
Belvedere.  Jim volunteered to take his mat over to Ed as soon as he
gets back from vacation in Switzerland.

Soooo... it looks like we're on our way.  BUT, I had gotten some of the
information wrong.  Apparently 1957-1959 Plymouths all used the same
black mat, but the Dodge used a different gray mat.  Can anyone confirm
this?  Is the difference in color only?  1955 & 1956 Plymouth mats
apparently are quite different, but if things go well, maybe we can get
them done next, or who knows what we might be able to reproduce.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.  Still working on 57/8 Plymouth aluminum
inserts, too.  Slow going, but we'll get there.

-Dave