[FWDLK] (MJRAGUSE)Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES

[FWDLK] (MJRAGUSE)Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES

 You Know I will try that test to see if the latch will self close on the
second step of the catch.  It makes sense now why the latch mechanism is
designed with 3 fingers which operate semi independently of one another.  I
can see how if you do not completely close the door how the first finger
would be engaged, and in theory, how  the second and third might engage
themselves through vibration.  That would explain why the latch is not cast
as a single finger.  Have any of you tried this test??   I understand the
test to be that:   Simply close the door on the first step of the catch.
There will be a crack in the door and it will not be shut all the way.  Drive
the car a distance......probably on a few bumps.  Check to see if the door
has shut all of the way.  I can't do this yet, as my conv. is not quite ready
to try such a stunt.  I have to put some tires on her and do a brake job.  I
will be trying this out though!  You can bet on it!  I have become a maniac
about these Forwardlook Door Latches!  George....  57 Imperial Southampton 4
d hdtp, 57 Belv. Conv., (2) 58 Belv. 2 d hdtps, (1) 58 Belv. (Parts Car)