[FWDLK] "New" Car...

Title: Message
Well,

Since I haven't been successful yet at getting the crazy, old, angry guy with the 4,000 mile 1957 "Mystery" Fury to sell yet, I decided to buy a 1959 DeSoto Firesweep Seville.  Left the original owner a deposit today.  Unlike the Mystery Fury owner, the original owner (named Val) of this DeSoto is quite a nice guy, who's happy to see that his cherished cherry chariot will be finding a good home.

It's Bradenton Blue and White, and in remarkable good shape.  The seat covers and door panels were both covered with vinyl early on, and have survived almost completely intact.

There are the usual little rust spots, but nothing terrible.  The 361 does turn over, but doesn't fire.  Since the last tank of gas put in her was in 1974, I'm not surprised.  The work now begins, as soon as I pay him the rest of the total (end of the month).

For anyone who'd like to take a look, you can see some pics at http://www.forwardlook.net/images/desoto/

-Dave