[FWDLK] sluggish engine (392): it's all over now !

[FWDLK] sluggish engine (392): it's all over now !

It's all over now (Hugh: Rolling Stones ..) !
Remember that i had a sluggish 392. Now it's a wild hemi ! A
friend came at home this afternoon and he wants to try the car
(it's a mechanic). He tests the car like Schumacher on Monza
tracks and he found quicky that ther's something wrong. As he
pushed the gas pedal to the floor (i'm a little shy to do like
him) , we heard some detonations from exhaust (or air filter). He
told me " this engine isn't well tuned, let us see ignition
timing". At my home i explain him how i tuned the ignition but he
found immediatly that i was wrong. 3 weeks ago, I used a
dephasing timing light and i didn't use it well: i put 6° retard
from my well tuned engine ! So i ran 0° advance (that explains
poor performances and overheating in costs) !!!
As we hadn't the timing light we adjust with our ears. Another
test ! Waow ! Spinning wheel at rears, people looked at  us, all
french, japanese, italian etc.. cars are behind... No overheating
now.
We haven't test top speed but i think we drove at 80 - 85  mph
with a lot of "play" under the gas pedal..
Vive le Hemi !

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible