[FWDLK] tinted windshield

I own two 1955 Dodges and a 1955 DeSoto, all three have tinted windshields, but do not have AC.   My dad had a 1955 DeSoto, back in the 60's with a tinted windshield, no AC. I remember well, because the windshield got hit by a rock,  which happens on an everyday driver. It was tinted and dad wanted the replacement tinted, which then only cost a difference of about 5.00 or less. I do remember him getting hasseled by the insurance company over this,  and he told them he would pay the difference.
The tint was mainly for sun glare.

Joe Paolucci
Walton, Ky