[FWDLK] Frame off Restoration...The Body

[FWDLK] Frame off Restoration...The Body

Well, I had the good fortune to pick up another '59 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 2 dr hdtp for a song. It is missing most of the side trim but the body is much better than mine, the floor and trunk is solid, as are the areas above the headlights. There is rust by the back window, on each side and on the rear part of the roof (each side)...oddly enough. That may be a problem. We shall see.

Anyway, I am thinking about doing a frame off at some point. Now, hoisting the body off the frame and doing the frame painting is fine, but what about the bottom of the body? What is this about having a car "dipped"? Is this worthwhile? Does anyone know of a good book discussing the steps in a frame off? I assume there is one dealing with Mustangs or 55-57 Chevys, but the principles should be the same. Any other thoughts??

James
1959 Dodge