Re: [FWDLK] solex glass 61 dodge brake hoses

Re: [FWDLK] solex glass 61 dodge brake hoses

I've never had a problem buying brake hoses for old Mopars.  Just avoid the big bright chain stores with the 20 somethings and the computers.  Find a dingy old car parts store with an oldtimer behind the desk with racks of catalogs.  The hoses fit dozens of years and most wil be in stock.  If the car is REALLY old, ask for the oldest listing in the book and ask to see it and then match to the one in your pocket.  I was bright enough not to tell the desk man that I wanted a rear brake hose for a '33 Chrysler because he would have said NO WAY.  The book went back to 1948 and the hose was exactly the same as the '33.  These parts didn't change often.  I got new brake hoses off the shelf for my '61 Dart and they were listed in the parts catalog.

Larry Jett
950 Woodside Road Suite 4
Redwood City, CA 94061