Re: [FWDLK] Adapting '57 Push Button Torqueflite Control to '64

Re: [FWDLK] Adapting '57 Push Button Torqueflite Control to '64 Torqueflite 727

'62-'65 727s are cable actuated just like the
cast-iron TF in the '57. IIRC there is a separate
cable for the park switch. I believe your cable
adjusted as called for in the FSM will work fine with
the 727. (But I'm not a tranny guy, and will defer to
the knowledge of others...)

A relatively small number of '64s (Sport Fury/Polara
500/300-K) came from the factory with floor shifts
instead of buttons. There may be differences here, as
I'm told there are with the
cable-operated-but-no-pushbutton '65 trannies, but I'm
not aware of them if any.

Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K