[FWDLK] '59 'Flite Trunk Lock

Hello list,
    Tonite I tried to install a trunk lock cylinder in my '59 DeSoto.  I
bought the cylinder from a lock guy at Carlisle in 2000.  It came with a
FWDLK style key and a long thin tab that hung loosely off of the end of the
cylinder.  The cylinder fits fine into the hole in the outer trunk
sheetmetal, but the tab appears to be way to long for the application.
Also, the tab goes thru the latch hole.  The latch hole is about the
diameter of a penny with a square notch cut out of it's bottom.  The hole is
WAY wider than the tab.  I release the trunk with a screwdriver pushing
downward on the penny sized hole.  The lock cylinder action does not exert
force downward, just twisting.
    Okay...looks like the guy gave me the wrong tab thing with the
cylinder, so what the heck is the hardware like that is supposed to
interface the cylinder with the latch trip?  Can it be fabricated?  Anybody
got the hardware for sale? I wish I had a digital camera as this stuff is
hard to explain...

Thanks in advance,
Eli Collins in U.P. of MI