[FWDLK] Various stuff...catching up, mostly

[FWDLK] Various stuff...catching up, mostly

Hi all,

I've been away from my email for a while (school stuff), so I'm going to
catch up with the last few days worth of email...

I normally don't get involved in list discussions, and I'm sure you'll be
happy to know I'm going to continue that, as they don't help my car go any
better.

Dave (Stragand, to clarify) is right, the Mazda rotary engine (the
wankle) does not have a harmonic balancer. In regards to Fluidampr's
product, I have used the dampers they put out, and they are great-good
service all around-don't hesitate to do business with them.

The gas tank for the '55 was cleaned out and sealed inside, and a new
sender will be needed for it-in the process of getting one.

I'll be putting up a site soon with the stories and pictures of past
restorations as well as current ones (jeez, when I say it like that, it
sounds like cars actually DO get finished around here).

And my main question/point is I'm looking for a good/cheap way to remove
paint from car parts that have multiple layers of paint left on them. I'm
re-doing all the parts in my engine compartment, and they have about 3
layers of paint on them. The current (slow) method is to remove a piece,
sand it to bare metal, prime and paint it, and put it aside. I'd like some
way that isn't quite as time consuming-I don't mind sanding the parts
smoothe, but if there was a better way yo get the paint off beforehand,
I'd like to use it. So what is recommended? A sandblasting cabinet? Paint
stripper (I'd prefer not to use anything too noxious, as my garage is
connected to my room). Thoughts on this?

~dave, in snowy massachusetts
'61 Newport
'67 Kaiser M-715
'91 Toyota Pickup