Re: [FWDLK] Dr Art Burrichter

--- Roger Howard <rdhoward@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I read in Cars and Parts magazine that Dr. Art
> Burrichter, formerly of Florida, more recently of
> Iowa,  a big collector and seller of old cars, has
> died. I remember seeing his name in Hemming's Motor
> News on high-end cars for sale since the 70's. I
> wonder if he had 'groomed' anyone to take his place.
>
> He has a 58 Plymouth 2 dr wagon project on his
> website right now.

I seem to remember references to younger Burrichters,
most likely his sons, as alternate contacts in some of
his fullpage ads. It also seems to me he spent half
the year in Iowa and half the year in Florida for most
of the time I followed his ads.

Seems that he didn't have MoPar stuff all the time,
but he seemed to always have at least three or four
exceptional Oldsmobiles, usually a couple nice Buicks
as well. I also remember drooling over that
500-original-mile '56 Packard Executive 2drHt he had a
few years ago, notable not only for being the nearest
thing to a new Packard out there but also for being a
special order with the Caribbean engine backed by a 3spd/OD...