[FWDLK] Virus/Worm Notice

Hi All,

New virus out that might spread through the list.  It appears that a couple of copies at least went out yesterday to individuals from the list to other individuals also on the list, but not necessarily to everyone -through- the mailing list.  Does that make sense?  I need more coffee...

I'll give you kind of the techie run-down on it, but in short... UPDATE YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS REGULARLY!

The worm mails itself to email addresses in the Windows Address Book, plus addresses extracted from files on the victim machine. It arrives in an email message whose subject and body is composed from a pool of strings carried within the virus. For example: