[FWDLK] rechrome of 57 DeSoto taillight towers

[FWDLK] rechrome of 57 DeSoto taillight towers

Reggie, I've had it done several times now.  Each time I swore about it and
swore at the guy doing it.  These are VERY difficult to do, and warp
easily.  I'd suggest finding the best ones you can to start out with so you
won't need tons of filling and grinding.  They are just pot metal.  The
last place I had do them for my Fireflite was Custom Metal Polishing in
Butler, PA.  I can't give you the cost since I had them done along with a
bunch of other stuff as a package.  I don't think they would want to do
another set since they had so much trouble with the last one.  I can track
down the phone number there if you want to try them.

I also had one set ruined several years ago (too much warpage).  So, I
guess now I've had 3 sets rechromed.  The ones on my Firedome are nice but
not perfect.  I think a guy in Columbus or Canton, Ohio did them, but it's
been so long ago that I'm not sure who he was.

Ed Petrus