Re: [FWDLK] Fw: Re: [FWDLK] Hemi Commando?

Re: [FWDLK] Fw: Re: [FWDLK] Hemi Commando?

He was refering to it only being available in the Nova/Acadian body style and his comment is correct. It was effectively only for the 69 model year.  But they did use the 350/375 H.P. ones! I have only ever seen one. Nice blue 4 spd car in Manitoba, circa 71-72

In terms of my Uncles car.  If it was built in Mi. and then modified in Oshawa, that's still a modification and not a factory output, so I have to withdraw my comment (dang).  That's really no different that a home built or dealer modified car.

  Tom Stroup <tstroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. Canada only?
In the USA, the 396 was more than a late 1968 offering.
I had a 1965 Corvette with a factory 396. The following
year, 1966, had Chevrolet puch it out to 427 cubes. The
396 was offered in other cars still. Eventually, the 454
was produced.

Tom 57 Coronet in southern Ohio

Bill Watson wrote:

> Except that the 396 was offered only in 1968, and the latter half only.
>
> The big Chevrolet engine was a 454.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm

Do You Yahoo!?