From: Dave Casey
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 2:06 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] The Infamous Chrysler Ammeter

Hello All -

    This question is better suited to the electrical engineers in the group. I am not one, yet, but give me a few years and we'll see. Anyways, we all know that Chrysler ran all the current through the ammeter, instead of using a shunt ammeter like Ford did, even in the 60's. First off, does anyone know how many amps the Chrysler guage can handle (if it matters, this is a 65 Dodge)? And then what I was ultimately getting to, is there any way for us to convert our Mopar ammeters to a shunt type? Thanks for the help.

                                                                                                            Dave Casey