[FWDLK] What's the Deal on Shipping?

I am pushing 75, so it is time to clear out the garage and sell a bunch of Mopar parts and cars that I have collected over the years.  Some parts I bought to restore or upgrade a car I was working on and never got around to installing, others are parts I bought to replace parts I knew I had, somewhere, but could not find and needed right away, but are now excess.

I sold a few A-Body things last week and the shipping was outrageous.  A small box, about 10"x6"x2"  and less than a pound was over $10 at the post office and the lowest price at UPS was over $22. I am embarrassed to ask for what shippers demand for small packages.  I haven't shipped any fenders since the current Biden Bunch came into the White House, but am certain that the prices have skyrocketed.

Is there something here I am missing?  What does a backyard restorer who does not do this for a business do to help others and transfer parts?

Larry (Akron)