           From: Mike <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Push button problem..
           From: "Dean Mullinax" <55des4me@xxxxxxxx>
      3. 300-G Story ????????
           From: Johan Andersson <JOHAN.300@xxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: 300-G Story ????????Linder?
           From: "L. Andrew Jugle" <lajugle@xxxxxxxx>
      5. anyone know anything about this??
           From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxx>
      6. Selector buttons
           From: "Dean Mullinax" <55des4me@xxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 05:40:21 -0800
   From: Mike <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Push button problem..

Dean,
Automatic transmissions will tend to turn the drive shaft ,in neutral,
it's
the nature of their design.If you had your car up on a hoist with the
engine running in neutral, it would tend to make the rear wheels turn.
If the motor cranks with the selector in neutral, your push buttons are
probably adjusted ok.

Mike

At 08:32 PM 11/8/01 -0500, Dean Mullinax wrote:
>Hi to all,
>
>I have been messing around with my '58 300 D a little over the last few
>days.  The dash and steering column are completely out of the car.  The
>push button selector is just hanging by its wires and cable.
>
>The problem is that the car had previously been in neutral, so I could
>crank it, etc.  Today I was playing with the selector, pushing the gear
>selector buttons in and out to make sure the springs were working,
>etc..  There is also a bar that goes over the top that also moves back
and
>forth and I was manipulating that as well.  Anyway, later today I decided

>to crank the car.  Thank God the drive shaft has been disconnected at the

>back end!!  I could hear the transmission turning the shaft!  I was sure
>that I had put the selectors back as I had found them.  Well, I tried the

>selectors again, this time making sure I had pushed the neutral/start
>button in and that it "caught" in the correct place, but the car is still

>in gear.  Is there something special I need to do to get the car back
into
>neutral?  What am I doing wrong here?  I have no real experience with
>these push button selectors.
>
>I have had the car in storage and just brought it home on Wednesday to
>stay in my garage, so this is the first time I have really been able to
>play with it.  Thanks for all help in advance!!!
>
>Dean Mullinax

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm