Re: [Chrysler300] Selector buttons

Dean,
An automatic transmission will turn the drive shaft and the rear wheels if
they are off the ground, even in neutral. It is simply internal friction. If
the car tries to move forward while in neutral with the wheels on the
ground, then you have a problem. Do you have the emergency brake hooked up?
Is the driveshaft connected to the rear wheels? I would not try to shift the
car between drive and reverse without some way to stop the driveshaft from
turning. Having everything hooked up is the only way to accurately tell if
the cable is adjusted properly. If it goes into reverse when the reverse
button is pressed, and drive when that button is pressed then there is no
problem. 56 - early 59 torqueflites have a cable adjustment on the
transmission end that is fairly hard to get just right. It sometime takes
trial and error and an understanding of how transmissions work to get it
right.
300ly,
Don