           From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Chrysler news from California
           From: joebril@xxxxxxx
      3. 300K converiable question
           From: Rinda Van Lennep <ednavan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: 57C tie rod ends
           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Another K Question
           From: News4ge@xxxxxxx
      6. Re: 57C tie rod ends
           From: William Huff <whuff@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: 57C tie rod ends
           From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. 57 generator needed in place of ?
           From: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 08:18:21 -0700
   From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 57C tie rod ends

Just got the C back from the body shop(after being rear ended in December)
and was going through withdrawals, so I crawled under it and decided to
check the torque on everything I could reach.  When I got to the tie rod
ends, I put the wrench on the nut (from the stud coming up through the
steer knuckle) and turned.  The whole stud turns making it impossible to
torque the nut to 40 Lbs.  Is that stud supposed to turn?  Any suggestions
on how to get the nut torqued and hold the stud from turning.  Something
is wrong, I just can not put my finger on it. The taper doesn't seem to be
grabbing the stud and keeping it from turning.   Help.

Zak

Message: 2