      1. Chrysler be warned re new 300 - TBird bites dust?!
           From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Chrysler be warned re new 300 - TBird bites dust?!
           From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Often forgotten facts - early hemis
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. wheel medallions
           From: Dan Dunkleberg <Signboy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:18:25 +1000
   From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Chrysler be warned re new 300 - TBird bites dust?!

Firstly an apology for a typo in my earlier email with list of 3 world's
greatest production 'pre 2000 high performance styling' icons that were
ahead of their peers - I should have typed Lamborghini MUIRA, not Espada -

the Espada is a great car, but never deserves the greatness that is the
Muira - those astute car lovers may have realised I meant the Muira when
they saw me mention it was world's first mass production rear engined V12
GT.

Re discussion or debate re Chrysler's plans to re-launch the 300 name -
may
I suggest that D-C take serious note of the fact that print media here in
Australia now says Ford is to drop the new Thunderbird.

Reasons for this include:
1)  mentioned in article was that once the more correct size motor
(bigger)
that Ford should have put in it's Ford (a 60s Datsun Fairlady copy looks
wise?!) Thunderbird 'rebirth' was announced  (sorry for the difficult to
read sentance), that massive discounting was needed to sell the smaller
motor ones they were still building until ready to build the new larger
motor one.  This apparently buggered the values of existing ones.
and 2). to my mind the car looked to bloody ordinary, see my above
thoughts
in brackets.

You might ask what has this to do with D-C, any new 300.  Well amongst my
ongoing thoughts sent to Ford over 2 years re their Australian product, I
also warned them I thought their new Tbird was doomed to short term
success,
for exactly the two reasons above.  They acted to put the larger motor in,

but too late, or wrongly.
(They also have acted on most every other suggestion I offered them, all
except a new 3 word Ford World marketing theme, which they initially
thought
meritorious enough to send direct to US Bosses.  Now a much better
product,
sales of new Ford family size sedans have increased 50% in last six
months.
)

Anyhow, here is another prediction, this time for D-C, either do any new
300
properly, in the same vein as the original '55 300 to say '62 300 - OR
ELSE
FORGET IT , LIKE FORD YOU WILL HAVE WASTED A GOOD IMAGE, ICON.  AND YOUR
NEW
300 WILL BE SHORT LIVED.

Here is hoping D-C hold off on using the 300 name until they have a car
that
looks better than it goes!!??

Enough for now, petrol here down to 79c a litre today, but I see on TV oil

overseas is nearly back up to $30 a barrel again, so how long before our's

here is back up to a dollar a litre  !?

Keep those 300s rolling, our dollar is 65c to your 100c, so we still can't

afford much from you.

Aussie Christopher

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get larger attachments -
send/receive up to 2MB attachments (up to 100 percent more per e-mail). Go

to  http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au

Message: 2