[Chrysler300] Hot September Nights

Hello 300'ly to all!
        Hot September Nights will be here in Lawton, Oklahoma September
of 2006 for the 300 Club International Fall Concours meet.  I am honored
to be the host.  We all welcome cars here...no cruising fees and we have
a superb police department who will for a piece of apple pie pace you at
110 on the freeway so that you can safely seat those rings on your newly
rebuilt 300 engines!  I get lost in nostalgia and have a perpetual grin
on my face when driving my C around town and through the Wichita
Mountains Wildlife Preserve and up Mount Scott.  We all will have a fun
time and I look forward (actually FORWARDLOOK) to expose you to the kind
people of Oklahoma and don't be alarmed ..... the nights in September
here in Southwest Oklahoma are delightful!  By the way I just completed
my phase two of Mopsy's restoration (final phase).  This started with
adjustments in December and ended up including as follows:
- installation of rear A/C
- rear AAJ disc brake conversion
- obtaining and refurbishing and installing 150 mph 300C speedometer
- replacing lower Pitman arm seal
- replacing 2 mufflers (the NEW ONES had baffle welds break)
- removing a riveted aluminum plate from the passenger lower door which
was bondoed over and welding appropriate steel panel and repainting
(interesting galvanic reaction would occur after first washing after
repainting 2 times...the paint over the bondo would blister like primary
herpes)
- "Swedish" cutting lower door panel on driver's door to accomplish
proper fit of door corner with rest of body
-  replated head light chrome bezels and power seat switch
- replaced inner door handles, stone guards, door panel stainless trim,
upper and lower tail light retainers, lower dash chrome piece, brake
louver side extenders with NOS pieces
- replaced tail light lenses and license plate light with NOS pieces
- refurbished 5 300C wheel covers (extra for hard luck drive) with 15
step stainless polishing and repainting using Gary Nelson's masking kit
- removed, repaired, 15 step polished, and reinstalled side spears along
with new Gary Goers side medallion chrome bezels
- repainted rear fenders and rear end since the spears were off
- replated push button jackets
- installed new wire loom covers and door and radiator support wire
grommets
- installed A/C condenser fan and A/C tri-switch
- removed transmission and sent torque convertor to DACCO to be rebuilt
because particulate matter from a brain fart of mine lead to the
transmission valve body to get poluted and necessitating complete
transmission rebuild
- Gary Nelson rebuild of power steering pump (first time rebuild ...
another brain fart...didn't flush steering box before reinstalling
rebuilt pump and spool valve stuck)
- converted to 108 amp alternator system with internal voltage regulator
- installed 4 new cogged fan belts
- fixed oil line leading to A/C system
- replaced all engine mounts
- replaced battery upper hold down bracket
- replaced battery with 1000 amp Optima
- obtained several replacement oil filters and ceramic fuel filters
- replaced turn signal indicator switch with NOS
- replaced seat belt retractors
- installed gaskets for fender extenders by rear bumper
- realigned rear bumper for proper fit
- replaced blower shroud for model 900 climate control system with Gary
Goers correct rubber seal
- replaced rubber bumpers for gas filler door and hood support with Gary
Goers pieces
- installed front fender splash guards with Gary Goers pieces
- replaced air intake vent louver for rear A/C system.

Soooo ... there were several " two steps forward and one step backwards"
situations with this whole process.  Many thanks to George and Eleanor
Riehl, Gregg Legatt (and Sue for rounding him up), Gary Goers, John
Hertog, George McKovitch, Jeff Carter, Bill Woodman, Gary Nelson, Murray
Park, Wayne Graefen, John Lazenby, and Gil Cunningham for all your
advice, help, and kindness from my TYPE A behavior and surgeon's
mentality and personality...and yes just being at times a PEST!!!  I
absolutely LOVE this car and WILL NEVER RESTORE ANOTHER AGAIN! As Greg
Leggatt said yesterday...time to move on to something new.  300'ly,  ROB
KERN

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used