Re: [Chrysler300] Winter Storage

Mike:

There was quite a bit of traffic on our server earlier in the year on
this and I hope those people making input then will pass their ideas on
to you.  Mouse protection is critical and you will probably receive
several suggestions on this, suggest you remove the battery and baby-sit
it during the storage period with monthly recharging.    Mouse traps
outside the car would be appropriate.  You don't want to poison them and
have them die under your car's back seat.  Depending on your tire type,
extended storage can cause irreversible flat spotting that will be
noticeable in the spring.  Any way to get some or all of the weight off
the tires would be helpful.  Boat storage places have goop to spray in
the intake and spark plug ports as well as fuel stabilizer for the
tank.  I'd suggest filling the tank to avoid condensation.  Make sure
antifreeze is up to snuff and radiator full.  Ditto windshield washer
bag, pump and tubing.  Cloth car cover is good to protect against dust
and bird doo-doo.  I'd close the windows to minimize ports for mice.
Then inspect your brute periodically, including under the seats where
mice like to nest.  Be prepared to use a dry towel to wipe off any
condensation on trim inside the car.  Maybe use blocks to take pressure
off of windshield wiper blades.

I hope your big F has a nice safe hibernation and pops out in good shape
in the spring.  In the mean time, MoP'ar to ya from

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
C-300

Michael Reed wrote:

>I haven't stored an auto for the winter in many, many years, and I'm
>not sure I was doing it correctly even back then. My F will be
>stored in a rented 10x20 space.
>
>-- I'm going to place a plate of moth balls and Irish Spring soap in
>the car. Okay?
>
>-- It will have a cover on it. Should the windows be left cracked
>open? Or closed tightly?
>
>-- What product or material works well between the tires and
>concrete floor? (jacking the car will not be possible)
>
>Any other storage tips, hints would be helpful....
>
>Mike

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>Yahoo! Groups Links