Re: [Chrysler300] Winter Storage

If you have any rodents, put some poison on  or in the engine
compartment.  Thats been my worse problem.  Next put a pad of very
coarse steel wool or better one of those stainless steel scrub pads in
each exhaust pipe.   Add some Fuel Stabilizer to your fuel tank , make
sure its mixed well, top off the tank and run the engine long enough to
get it in the carb.   If possible is good to disconnect or clamp off the
fuel line and let the engine run until it runs out of gas.   Another
thing you should do all  year round is put a table spoon or more of new
Baking Soda in your radiator and also let it run.  Neutralizes the
acid in your cooling system.  Raise your tire pressure to help keep the
side wall from breaking down while setting.   I keep my windows open a
inch or so.   I think it helps a little amount of fresh air.  Who
Knows.  If the oil hasn't been changed lately,. now is a good time.  Get
that acid and chemicals out of that pan.  Then last disconnect the
Battery cable,  if you don't take the Battery out.
  I'm sure everybody has different ways , but these are the ones I use.
They have been approved buy the Good Car keeping Seal from the Barker
Home.    Gary Barker

Michael Reed wrote:

>I haven't stored an auto for the winter in many, many years, and I'm
>not sure I was doing it correctly even back then. My F will be
>stored in a rented 10x20 space.
>
>-- I'm going to place a plate of moth balls and Irish Spring soap in
>the car. Okay?
>
>-- It will have a cover on it. Should the windows be left cracked
>open? Or closed tightly?
>
>-- What product or material works well between the tires and
>concrete floor? (jacking the car will not be possible)
>
>Any other storage tips, hints would be helpful....
>
>Mike

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>Yahoo! Groups Links