[Chrysler300] Winter Storage

I have been listening to all of the theories of proper storage and I think
the biggest concern seems to be protection from varmints.  It is my opinion that
a lot of suggestions border on "OLE wives tales."  So I want to share a
method that hasn't failed me.
We purchased a roll of commercial plastic sheeting. We found 100 ft rolls of
6 mill. clear plastic at Home Depot.  It must be at least 12 feet wide but
this only came in a 20 ft width.  Cut to length to allow for the length of the
car plus about 4 feet up along each side of your car. So cut about 25 to 28 feet
off the roll for each car. Open up the sheet and drive the car onto the
center.  After covering your car with the usual soft car cover, pull the plastic up
the sides and clamp to the cloth cover with numerous pinch clamps all around.
I purchased about 25 clamps for each car. If you get them at a swap meet they
are only about .40 each.  I usually clamp up as high as mid way on the glass
and over onto the top of the hood and decklid.  By keeping the top open
moisture is not a problem.
What we  have found is the mice will run along the plastic at the floor and
even store seeds under it but I have yet to find them chewing into the plastic
sheet.  Now this is not to say that they couldn't jump onto the car but it
hasn't happened yet.  I only do this for  those vehicles stored in my barn which
has a cement floor but that should be a good enough test.  In the spring any
oil drips can be wiped up and the sheet can be stored for the following winter.
 If I were storing my vehicle in a commercial storage yard I am convinced
that this is the way to go...
The best part is that if you want to drive your car, just take the clamps off
and let the plastic drop and you can drive out.  Return and just pull it back
up and reclamp to the cover.

I am interested in hearing other sure ways of beating the age old problem.
While soap flakes, moth balls and high frequency sound waves may help, I just
don't think they will be successful all of the time.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used