Re: [Chrysler300] Oct Hot Rodding

Good question how do you define what a "musclecar" is?
Sometime back I was invited to show my 300C at the National Musclecar Show
in NZ. Now I was told they had to bend the rules to allow my car in. There
rule book states only early 60's to early 70's as a musclecar. The C stood
out like a sore thumb at the show, and more than a few scoffed at it, saying
what's a full size '50s car doing here.
I on the otherhand looked around at the small cubic displacement Mustangs,
Camaros, and Cudas, which I commonly refer to as "school girls cars", ie-
low hp compact cars!
My C puts out 375hp from factory other cars present were lucky if they broke
the 300 mark. So if the word muscle means hp..........
Or does it mean any old compact from the 60's and 70's era?
Owen

Question. At a meet last year my 68 300 was judged as a reg Chrysler, when
along side of me a Baracuda with a 318 was judged as a muscle car. I thought
that was wrong, what do you guys think?.