Another 300C restoration detail poll: Left Valve Cover

Another 300C restoration detail poll: Left Valve Cover

Okay, my friends, I have been put onto another restoration distinction that
has to be sorted out, thanks to the sharp eyes of Marv Raguse, the owner of
what was once my Gauguin C hardtop.

The latest point up for discussion is the probability that from 1957 to 1958
there was a change in the positioning of the spot-welded coil bracket base
on the left side valve cover of the 300 C and D motors.

The current assumption is this:
If you have a 300C or D up through VIN #1585, the bracket is positioned
above the letter "E" in the "FIREPOWER" script. This places the coil
extremely close to the expanded brake booster.
If you have a 300D after VIN #1585, the bracket is positioned above the
letter "W" in the "FIREPOWER" script. This places the coil some 2+" away
from the expanded brake booster.

As far as what the assorted parts books say:
LEFT VALVE COVER
1735 780	1957 and 1958 300 motors up through D VIN#1585
1851 720	1957 300 and NYer "power pac" (dual quads, no solid lifters option)
motors
1944 626	1958 300 motor after VIN #1585

The parts book indicates there are THREE different valve covers! I don't
know what that third variation might be nor is there any way for me to know
what #s should be assigned to the two assumptions written out above!

Your comments are welcome. What valve cover coil bracket placement is on
your C? your D?
Any ideas on a third variant?

C Wayne For C Questions (The C stands either for this guy is "Crazy for Cs"
or "Cs are driving him Crazy".

CWayne4CQs